June 17, 2017
Doing Well in Difficult times
Let us not become weary in doing well, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.– Galatians 6:9 (NIV)
In the midst of a passage on the implications of sowing to the Spirit vs. sowing to our sinful nature, the apostle Paul gives us some much needed encouragement: We need to learn to sow good seed in the midst of bad harvests.
It is one thing to do good when things are going well; it is entirely different to do well in the midst of tough situations. We can become so tired and lose perspective. Do you feel like giving up? Stay with it. The harvest is waiting.
Blessings on Your Mind
- 1. God keeps me in perfect peace, for my mind is stayed on Him. (Isaiah 26:3)
- God has not given me a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7)
- I understand all things, for I have the mind of Christ. (1 Corinthians 2:15-16)
- I always know where to go and what to do, for the Lord my God teaches me. (Psalm 32:8)
- I always think about godly things, for as I think in my heart, so am I. (Proverbs 23:7)
- I take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ. (2 Corinthians 10:5)
Blessings on Your Emotions
- I love God’s Word, so I have great peace and nothing offends me. (Psalm 119:165)
- I display the fruit of the Spirit everywhere I go. (Galatians 5:22 – 23)
- I am full of love, joy, peace, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentle-ness, self – control, and a fierce, hang-in there attitude because of the Holy Spirit who lives in me. (Galatians 5:22-23).
- The joy of the Lord is my strength. (Nehemiah 8:10)
- The God of all hope fills me with all joy and peace in believing. I abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13)
- The God of all comfort and the Father of mercies comforts me in all my trouble. (2 Corinthians 1:3 – 4)
- I dwell in the secret place of the Most High, and I am stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty. (Psalm 91:1)
- I am anxious for nothing, but in everything, by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, I make my requests known to God.