September 11, 2022
Today’s Thought: Eliminate excuse-making mentalities
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Today we are going to eliminate excuse-making mentalities. Sometimes people think, “If people wouldn’t have treated me like that, I would be successful” or “if my problem was anything other than this, I could handle it.” You probably know countless other thoughts that are similar.
Let’s fast from making excuses:
1. Refuse to excuse mediocrity. 1 Thessalonians 4:1 says “…Excel still more…” Don’t give in to the temptation to settle for where you’re at. Wherever you’re at in life, right now—thank God and press forward for more of what God has for you.
2. Refuse to excuse sickness. Don’t tolerate it; saying it runs in your family or it’s a cross to bear; or everyone gets sick. He sent His Word and healed us—Psalm 107:20. With His stripes, we are healed—1 Peter 2:24.
3. Refuse to excuse lack and failure in your life; saying that you were born on the wrong side of the tracks or you’re limited by your upbringing. You may have been born on the wrong side of the tracks, but you’re not bound to stay there. Cross the tracks NOW. (Romans 8:37)
4. Refuse to excuse unforgiveness–saying, you just don’t know what they did to me–God knows what WE did to HIM and He still forgives.
5. Refuse to excuse lack of support. In John 5:7 the lame man said, “I have no man to help me.” He used that as an excuse to remain in his condition. Even if everyone lets us down, God will support us. (Psalm 27:10)
6. Refuse to excuse sin, saying, “I just can’t overcome it….” YOU CAN do all things through Christ which strengthens you. (Philippians 4:13) You have been given power over the enemy. 1 Corinthians 15:34 says, “Awake to righteousness and you’ll stop sinning.” When you realize you ARE the righteousness of God–made right with Him, BY Him, you experience a power that delivers you from having to sin.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I eliminate excuse-making from my thoughts and words. I will no longer excuse or justify mediocrity in my life; I will not excuse sickness. I am healed by Jesus’ stripes.
I will not excuse failure, as God declares I am more than a conqueror. I am forgiven and I will not withhold unforgiveness from others. God takes up my cause and is my greatest support. I am free from having to sin, through the gift of righteousness, in Jesus’ Name.
- Bishop Ronald K. Powell
- Rewiring your mind
- Rewiring your thinking
- Wrong Thinking
- 1 Corinthians 15:34
- 1 Peter 2:24
- 1 Thessalonians 4:1
- In John 5:7
- Philippians 4:13
- Psalm 27:10
- Romans 8:37
- Eliminating Excuse Making
- Toxic Thoughts
- Wrong Thinking
- Crosswinds International