April 10, 2022
Today’s Thought: God is mad at me
With Bishop Ronald K.Powell
Many people think that God is mad at them, or the reason bad things are happening is because God is against me. Or perhaps you don’t think He’s overtly against you, but He’s just not aggressively helping you.
Today, we are fasting from the thought that says, “God is mad at me.”
(Please do not ever hesitate to send these videos on to someone else. You have my blessing! TRUTH IS FREE!
I want this in people’s hands because I want people to be set free!)
Many people think that God is mad at them, or the reason bad things are happening is because God is against me. Or you do not think He’s overtly against you, but He’s just not aggressively helping you.
Wrong thoughts are designed by the devil and our flesh to undermine our faith. If you think God is mad at you, you will not be EXPECTANT toward God to bless you.
Let us take this thought captive (the word “captive” means: “to conquer with a sword.” We conquer wrong thinking with the sword of God’s Word!)
1. God is not mad AT you. He is mad ABOUT you!
- This is something I started saying when our ministry began 33 years ago. And I will never stop believing it!
- When you accept this thought, you will have confidence, expectation, and peace. Who couldn’t use that!
- How do I know this is true?
- Romans 8:37 says “Nothing can separate you from the love of God…”
- You are forgiven (1 John 1:9)
- and you are LOVED (1 John 4:10).
2. Think this new thought: God loves me as much as He loves Jesus!
In John 17:23 Jesus says to the Father: “I in them and You in Me, that they may be perfected in unity, that the world may know that You sent Me, and LOVED THEM, AS MUCH AS YOU HAVE LOVED ME!” What an amazing truth. God loves you as much as He loves Jesus. And there is no way God can be mad at Jesus.
3. He thinks precious thoughts about me ALL THE TIME!
Psalm 139:17-18 says “How precious are Your thoughts toward me, O God…If I should count them, they would outnumber the sand. When I awake, I am still with you!”
4. What God said to Jesus, is the SAME to you: “You are My beloved Son. In You, I am well-pleased.” (Mark 1:11) Hallelujah!
He doesn’t sound mad at Jesus! He sounds “mad about Him”! Well, 1 John 4:16 says, “As He is, so are we.” Look, there is no getting around this marvelous truth: God doesn’t love Jesus half-hearted, therefore He doesn’t love you half-hearted either.
5. There is nothing God is holding back from you!
Romans 8:32 says “He who did not spare His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not also with Him, freely give us all things!”
6. YOU ARE NOT CONDEMNED!
Romans 8:1 says, “There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus…” Condemnation is an expression of strong disapproval. God approves of you, because of your faith in Jesus, not because you have done everything right. God’s love for you is non-negotiable. Deuteronomy 7:8 says He loves you with an everlasting love. It cannot be stopped, quenched, or compromised.
THINK IT & SAY IT: God is not mad at me; He is mad about me. He loves me as much as Jesus. He thinks precious thoughts about me all the time! I am His beloved, and He is mine!
There is nothing God is holding back from me. He did not hold back His best; therefore, He will not hold back the rest!
I refuse to be condemned. I am forgiven. I reject the thought that He is mad at me or against me. God is for me, and not against me. His love toward me cannot be stopped.