June 15, 2019
The Principle of Honor
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Mark 6:1-6 New King James Version (NKJV)
- 1 Then He went out from there and came to His own country, and His disciples followed Him.
- 2 And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given to Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands!
- 3 Is this not the carpenter, the Son of Mary, and brother of James, Joses, Judas, and Simon? And are not His sisters here with us?” So they were offended at Him.
- 4 But Jesus said to them, “A prophet is not without honor except in his own country, among his own relatives, and in his own house.”
- 5 Now He could do no mighty work there, except that He laid His hands on a few sick people and healed them.
- 6 And He marveled because of their unbelief. Then He went about the villages in a circuit, teaching.
The Son of God / The Creator of the universe
The Shocking revelations in these verses: Law of the Weakest link in the chain.
1.They Linked His wisdom to the family He came from!
2.They limited His wisdom because He was a carpenter!
3.They were offended at Him because of their own view of His value to them.
4.Jesus was shocked because of their unbelief.
5.Jesus was shocked that they could see mighty works and not believe.
6.People were looking for ways to discount what was being said.
is a principle that works with everyone
- Honor can unlock the best in everyone… male or female. Father, Mother, Husband, Wife, Children.
The Principle of Honor
- What Is Honor?
- A Showing Of Merited Respect.
- A Person Of Superior Standing.
- One Whose Worth Brings Respect Or Fame.
- Brings a Satisfying Life, Blessings to Your Children, Opens Riches and Wisdom, Promotes You, Upholds You, Strengthens You, Can Bring Family Restoration, Promises an Open Heaven, and Defeats Your Enemies!
- Honor Is A Foundation Stone Of Everything In God’s Kingdom.
- Honor Is Not Optional:
It Is Deserved, Expected, And Demanded
can hold back the very best in all of us!
- Think of what was missed because of the mindset in people who marked Jesus down to the level they all lived in!
Honor Is Very Important To God.
- “A son honors his father, and a slave his master. If I am a father, where is the honor due me? If I am a master, where is the respect due me?” says the Lord Almighty. Malachi 1:6 (NIV)
- Them That Honor Me, I Will Honor. 1 Samuel 2:6.
- And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me. Matthew 25:40-45 (KJV)
- Honor Is Respect And Esteem Demonstrated By Gifts In Recognition Of Identity And Value.
Luke 6:31 New International Version (NIV)
- 31Do to others as you would have them do to you.
Seven things about Honoring
- 1. Respect Only Becomes Honor When Action Is Taken.
- 2. Honor Is Not Honor Until It Is Demonstrated.
- 3. Honor Should Be Given To Only Those Who Are Worthy Of It.
- 4. Honor Is Demonstrated By The Giving Of A Gift.
- 5. It Is Impossible To Truly Honor Anyone Until You Recognize Who And What They Are.
- 6. You Cannot Honor God Or Anyone Else If You Do Not See Value In The Person Being Honored.
- 7. When Someone Who Is Deserving Of Honor Receives It They Will Always Return Honor To The One From Which It Was Received. This Truth Opens Up Endless Possibilities In God’s Kingdom.
Exodus 20:12 – Closing & Prayer
- 12 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you.
- Remember: you are only dishonored By God when you fail to give honor where honor is due!