Today’s Thought: I just can’t hold it all together
March 6, 2022
Today‘s Thought: I just can’t hold it all together
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Matthew 11: 28-30
Today, we’re fasting from (abstaining from and eliminating) the thought that says: “I just can’t hold it all together”
This thought can be paralyzing. It gets us thinking about how hard things are, how many things depend on us, and the possibility of things falling apart.
How many of us think that about our jobs, our daily responsibilities, OUR EMOTIONS? How about our families, kids, and all the activities: school, extra-curricular stuff, etc.?
Thoughts feed into expectations. Expectations feed into manifestations. Manifestations become imprinted in our minds, forming our habits of expectation, and our character (our consistent patterns of behavior).
That’s why it is vital to FAST from WRONG THINKING, and replace wrong thoughts with right ones. Let’s do it:
1. Let’s go back to Philippians 4:13 which says, “I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.” The way to turn this thought into a reality is through the decision to believe it. DECISION is the doorway into reality. We take a wrong thought captive, by bullying it with the right thought. Make this new thought PRESS against the wrong one, until there’s no room in your head for the wrong one.
2. You are not alone. You’re not in it by yourself. Fill your mind with this thought. Hebrews 13:6 says, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” When the thought comes, “I can’t hold it all together”, RESPOND to that thought with this: “I’m not doing this by myself. God is with me. And He will never leave me alone!” Whether you are a single parent or a single person, God is in this with you – married or divorced. Struggling financially or wealthiest man alive – He is with you in your struggle and in your daily responsibilities.
3. God holds together the things we turn over to Him. 2 Timothy 1:12 says, “I am persuaded that He is able to keep (hold together) that which I have committed unto Him.” You see, whatever we COMMIT to Him, He will keep, guard and hold together for us. If there is an area of your life, that seems like it’s falling apart, COMMIT it to Him, and He will get involved.
4. Fill your mind with this thought: “The Lord will accomplish that which concerns me.” (Psalm 138:8) He will accomplish, complete, perfect…He will get involved with the things that concern me, and He will add His grace to my situation!
5. “God upholds the universe by His Word…” (Hebrews 1:3) If His Word can uphold (keep together) the universe, IT CAN uphold your stuff! Get the Word into the deep core of your being. Make God’s Word the base/foundation of everything you think, decide and do.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
Even when I feel I can’t keep it all together, I declare that I can do all things through Christ. He gives me the strength I need, when I don’t have enough.
I decide to believe in His strength. I am strong in the Lord and in the power of His might.
I am not alone, because He will never leave me nor forsake me. I am not a victim. I am a victor. I have committed my life, my body, my family, my money to God, THEREFORE, He will hold together the things that I have committed to Him.
He is EVEN NOW involved with AND accomplishing those things that concern or trouble me.
His Word upholds the universe; therefore, I will think, believe and say His Word throughout my day, which is MORE THAN ENOUGH to hold my world together. In Jesus. Name!
These are the thoughts that shape my life. I pray that they will shape yours as well…