“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 3)
April 24, 2021
“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 3)
With Rev. David Sabet
In the last two messages in this series of “The Gospel of the Kingdom”, we have been covering verse after verse about how God has called us to a “Christ-like” life. Jesus died to set us free from sin, to not sin; not to continue sinning willingly without consequences. That is the “false” grace message going around right now. Grace is not a license to sin!!!
The gospel of the kingdom of God is all about living a holy, obedient life, according to God’s will, here and now, in earth as it is in heaven. (Matthew 6:10)
And Matthew 24:14 says: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
This message is so important right now, and that’s why I’m preaching it. Judgment starts in the house of the Lord, and God is cleaning up His bride.
So many times when I ask someone if they are a Christian, they respond with: “I go to church pretty often.” or “I’m a Baptist, a Methodist, a Catholic, … or some other denomination.” or “Yes I’m a Christian, but I’m not really where I need to be right now. I’ve been kind of backsliding for a while.” or “I used to be a Christian. I tried God and that church stuff for a while but it didn’t really do anything for me, so I quit.”
So many people don’t have a clue what they are saying when they talk like this. They have no idea what Christianity truly is. A Christian isn’t someone that goes to a building on the corner and calls it church.
A Christian isn’t someone who is just religious. Christianity isn’t knowing “about” or believing “about” Jesus – it is believing “in” Jesus. It is knowing Him personally. It is living “in” Jesus, living “like” Jesus, and living “as” Jesus did, by the Holy Spirit of God dwelling in you. Salvation is a supernatural conversion experience where you are changed from the inside out. You are born again! You have spiritually been raised from the dead. You have now been born of water and of the Spirit of God!
Christianity is living in a close personal relationship with our heavenly Father. It is not about joining some religious institution that meets in a building on the corner on a certain day of the week and calls it church. The true “Church” is not a building. It is the people of God, all day, every day, 24/7.
People that claim to be Christians, but are currently walking out of fellowship with the Father, or have been with God and then walked
away, are in trouble with God. They so casually call it “backsliding”, like this is an okay state to be in. They think that they can walk with one foot in the world and one foot in the church. However, God does not agree with this lifestyle.
- Revelation 3:15-16 (KJV) “Backsliding?”
15) I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would
thou wert cold or hot.
16) So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I
will spue thee out of my mouth.
- Luke 9:62 (KJV) “Backsliding
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the
plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
- Proverbs 26:11 (KJV) “Backsliding?”
As a dog returneth to his vomit, so a fool returneth to his folly.
- Ezekiel 18:24 (KJV) “Backsliding?”
But when the righteous turneth away from his righteousness, and
committeth iniquity, and doeth according to all the abominations
that the wicked man doeth, shall he live? All his righteousness
that he hath done shall not be mentioned: in his trespass that he
hath trespassed, and in his sin that he hath sinned, in them shall
- II Peter 2:20-22 (KJV) “Backsliding?”
20) For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world
through the knowledge of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ,
they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter
end is worse with them than the beginning.
21) For it had been better for them not to have known the way of
righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn
from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
22) But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb,
The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that
was washed to her wallowing in the mire.
- I Peter !:14 (L.B. Par.)
… don’t slip back into your old ways
- Matthew 12:43-45 (KJV) “Backsliding or False Conversion?”
43) When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh
through dry places, seeking rest, and findeth none.
44) Then he saith, I will return into my house from whence I came
out; and when he is come, he findeth it “EMPTY”, swept, and
(No true conversion–just religious acting for others. I felt bad
at that moment, so I walked an isle and repeated some words
as an emotional response. I basically took control of my life
for a moment and kicked the devil out. However, there was
no real follow through – no total surrender to God or being
filled with the Holy Spirit! Now you’re just empty! King Jesus
wasn’t placed on the throne and given rule over your life!)
45) Then goeth he, and taketh with himself seven other spirits
more wicked than himself, and they enter in and dwell there:
and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
Even so shall it be also unto this wicked generation.
(THE FALSENESS OF THESE LAST DAYS! / COUNTERFIETS!)
*The Gospel of the Kingdom isn’t about joining up with a local congregation because we want to make some new friends and make some positive changes in our lives. It is allowing God to be Savior and Lord in every area of our lives. We are to walk in obedience to God through His Holy Spirit. We are now able to walk in fellowship with our heavenly Father through the blood of Jesus that set us free from sin. Christ died for us so that we could live by Him, for Him, in Him and with Him. Jesus came to save us from our sin, and birth us by the Holy Spirit into the kingdom of God. “BORN AGAIN!” – “SAVED!”
- John 3:3, 5, 6 (KJV) “Nicodemus says to Jesus – you have got to
be from God – No man can do the things you
do – all of the miracles!”
3) Jesus answered and said unto him, Verily, verily, I say unto
thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom
5) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be
born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the
kingdom of God.
6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of
the Spirit is spirit.
- Colossians 1:12-14 (KJV) “Paul preaching to the saints at Colosse”
12) Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet (fit
or suitable) to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in
13) Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath
translated us (saved us / new birth in God’s spirit – born
again) into the kingdom of His dear Son:
14) In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the
forgiveness of sins:
- Matthew 16:24-27 (KJV) “Jesus teaching his disciples.”
24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after
me, (has a mind to come My way / wishes to walk in My steps
/ wants to be like Me) let him deny himself, and take up his
cross, and follow Me.
25) For whosoever will save his life (Do what they want to with it.)
shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for My sake (Do
what God wants them to with it.) shall find it.
“THIS IS THE GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM” :
Living according to God’s will here and now!
26)For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world,
and lose his own soul? Or what shall a man give in exchange
for his soul?
27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of His Father with
His angels; and then He shall reward every man according to
his works. (YOU HAD BETTER READ MATTHEW 25:31-46!!!)
*Christianity is all about living Godly, holy and righteously through Christ, here and now! It is all about walking humbly and obediently before our King and master. A true Christian walks the talk. They abide in a close intimate relationship with Jesus – not a religious institution. How we live – here and now – matters to God!
- Romans 12:21 (KJV) “Paul preaching to the saints in Rome.”
Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.
- II Timothy 4:18 (KJV) “Paul preaching to Timothy”
And the Lord shall deliver me from every evil work, and will
preserve me unto His heavenly kingdom: to whom be glory for
ever and ever. Amen.
- I Thessalonians 2:10-12 (KJV) “Paul preaching to the church.”
10) Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and
unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:
11) As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged
every one of you, as a father doth his children,
12) That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto
His kingdom and glory.
*How we live, here and now on earth, matters to God. How is your walk?
*Don’t accept a backslidden lifestyle as being okay. It’s not!
*Don’t accept defeat from satan! He only comes to kill, steal and destroy!
*Jesus paid too great a price to set you free from sin, for you to remain in it!
“CONFESS, REPENT and FORSAKE SIN!”
Walk in a right relationship with God. Walk in His truth – not men’s lies! The kingdom of God is nigh you, it is even in your mouth! Say and do what God says and does. Don’t worry about what men think! In the Kingdom of God, our goal is to please God through Jesus Christ.