June 27, 2020
God’s Way is Best
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
“Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.” (Ps. 37:5)
- (To give up or abandon control of something ). 2. To put aside or desist from (something practiced, professed, or intended); stop doing or adhering to.)
“Commit thy way unto the Lord” (Ps. 37:5)
- Some Christians insist on clinging to their own ways. They lack Spiritual Victory as a result.
- If we are to enjoy God’s best, we must yield our way, will, work and walk to Him. “As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in Him.” (Col. 2:6)
- To walk in God’s way means we must totally commit our time, talent and treasure to Him.
- We should be ready to assist the needy and homeless, comfort the bereaved and lonely, sharing Christ with others whenever opportunity affords.
II. The Reliance
- (dependence on or trust in someone or something.)
Trust also in Him (Ps. 37:5)
- Christians often fail to trust the Lord as they should. They rely on their own strength or intellect and fail.
- Some Christians depend too much on doctors, lawyers or friends. We should be thankful for the help of others, but our ultimate trust must be in God.
- We should trust in the Lord with “our whole spirit and soul and body” 1 Thess. 5:23) Bank accounts may fail, money markets may fail, possessions may fail but Jesus never fails.
- God’s way is best. The scripture says “And the Lord shall help them, and deliver them…because they trust in Him” (Ps. 37:40)
III. The Reward
- (a thing given in recognition of one’s service, effort, or achievement.)
“And He Shall Bring it to pass” (Ps. 37:5)
God Rewards those who are totally committed to Him, who trust in Him implicitly. “He makes your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun” (Ps. 37:6 NIV)
- God rewards His children by enabling them to be a blessing to others. Their influence reaches out to attract others to Christ.
- God’s way is best. He not only rewards the faithful in this life, but he rewards them also in the next life eternally.
- Jesus said, I go to prepare a place for you… I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am ye may be also” (John 14:2-3).