September 24, 2020
How the Lord Helps His People
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Our Key Text: Psalm 46:1, Psalm 91:15, Luke 18:1, 2 Peter 1:4, John 14:27, Romans 8:28, Psalm 91:11,
“God is our Refuge and strength, a very present help in times of trouble” (Psalm 46:1).
Our God Speaks through prevailing prayer
“He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him” (Psalm 91:15).
- Webster defines prevail: “To produce or achieve the desired effect; to be effective; succeed.”
- We are effective when we fellowship with God. He speaks to us and answers our prayers.
- Christians should continue in a spirit of prayer at all time.
- Jesus said, “Men ought always to pray and not faint” (Luke 18:1)
He assures us through precious promises
“Whereby are given unto us exceeding and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature” (2 Peter 1:4).
- Many Christians neglect the promises of God. Through busyness with other concerns, they forfeit the benefits of God’s Word.
- God’s precious promises assure Christians of his protection and provision.
- God Helps his people through the assurance of His Promises. We must read them, reflect, and rely on them.
He calms them through personal peace
“Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you” (John 14:27).
- Today’s world is overrun with illicit sex, drug abuse, and terrorism. Millions are searching unsuccessfully for peace.
- Real lasting peace is found only in Jesus Christ. He offers peace only to those who obey and trust Him.
- Jesus said, “My peace I give unto you” (John 14:27). Accept His personalized peace today.
He assists us through providential power
“And we know that in all things God works for the good of those that love Him” (Romans 8:28).
- Christians are subject to trial, troubles, and testing like everyone else. They are not exempt simply because they know Christ.
- God helps his people through providential means. He works everything (good and bad) together for their benefit and His glory (Romans 8:28).
- God often rescues his own> At times he sends angels to assist. “For he will give His angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways” (Psalm 91:11).
Closing and Prayer
- Bishop Ronald K. Powell
- God's Help
- 2 Peter 1:4
- John 14:27
- Luke 18:1
- Psalm 46:1
- Psalm 91:11
- Psalm 91:15
- Romans 8:28
- Ever Present Help
- Crosswinds International