July 2, 2019
Destruction of Divine Favor – 3
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
-If we go through the Bible very well, we shall see what some people did that attracted the favor of God upon their lives, and what others did that separated them from the favor of God.
-The following factors will destroy the favor of God in a man’s life.
- Disobedience to God
-Saul enjoyed the favor of God and was selected as the first king of Israel, but through disobedience, he lost the divine favor. 1 Sam 15: 19-24
- Sexual Sin
-We saw Samson losing the favor of God due to his immoral life style. All kinds of sexual sins and immoral lifestyle will make a man to lose the favor of God. Judges 16: 18-21
-Satan was the anointed Cherub at the throne of God. He lost the highly placed position due to pride.
-God will give grace (favor inclusive) to the humble, but will resist a proud person.
-Naaman was almost losing the favor of his selective miracle due to pride, but was able to retain it when he humble himself.
- Stinginess and Lack of Giving.
-Those that know to give are always abounding in the favor of God.
Both the widow of Zarephath, and the Shunamite woman received divine favor because they gave sacrificially.
-God said he will open the windows of heaven upon those that are faithful in their tithes and offerings. Mal 3:8-12
- Lack of Faithfulness in the Service of God
-If a man is faithful in the service of God, he will enjoy divine favor.
Noah was faithful and his family were favorably preserved.
- Sowing the seed of Wickedness
-The door of favor shall be shut against anyone sowing the seed of wickedness against others. A man will reap what he sows.
-Adonibezek has been cutting the fingers and toes off other kings without mercy, until it happened to him one day. Judges 1: 5-7.
-Prayer remains one the most effective keys that unlocks the door of favor.
-When Esther prayed, she found favor before the king,
-likewise Nehemiah prayed and received favor.
-In prayer, we can lay hold of God’s promises in His words and the door of favor shall be opened unto us.
In conclusion, God’s favor can bring a lot of blessings upon a man. Divine favor can:
- Produce supernatural promotion and increase. (Gen 39:21)
- Bring restoration of everything the enemy has stolen. (Exo. 3:21)
- Bring honor in the midst of adversaries. (Exo. 11:3)
- Produce increased assets. (Deut. 33:23)
- Give great and unusual victories even against impossible odds. (Josh 6:20; 10: 9, 20)
- Give recognition and promotion even when you seem to the least likely one to receive it. (1 Sam. 16:22)
- Produce prominence and preferential treatment, favor and kindness. (Esther 5:8)
- Get petitions granted, even by ungodly civil authority. (Esther 5:8)
- Change rules, regulations, even laws if necessary to your advantage. (Esther 8:5)
- Win battles you did not even have to fight because God will fight them for you. (Psalm 44:3)
-But there is a price to be paid, and that is righteousness.
-It comes through the new birth and through continuing in total obedience to the word of God.