July 11, 2020
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Are you facing some challenges or experiencing some unexpected setbacks? We all have things that come against us, but God didn’t create us to be overwhelmed and overcome; He created us to be overcomers!
When we face challenges, it’s our attitude that is most important. Think about it for a minute.
- When something isn’t going your way month after month, how do you respond?
- Are you tempted to get sour or start expecting the worst?
- Does your mind start going “ninety-to-nothing” playing out all the scenarios?
- It may be easy to get down and discouraged, but if we go around thinking it’s never going to work out, our attitude limits what God can do.
- But when we dig our heels in knowing that God is bigger than our problems, when we fight the good fight of faith, that’s what allows God to show up and turn negative situations around.
All of us face the unknown(s)
- God calls us to dominate in faith
- Satan wants to dominate with Fear/ False evidence appearing real
- the enemy uses fear to box us in and limit our blessings from God.
- You see, many times it’s not about being AFRAID, but it’s about what fear brings out in us.
- It’s those things that limit God’s ability to bless us and give us peace in our lives.
Scriptures To Fight the Good Fight with
(1 John 5:4, NIV) “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.”
1 John 4:17-19 King James Version (KJV)
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love.
19 We love him, because he first loved us.
Romans 8:31 King James Version (KJV)
31 What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
1 John 4:4 KJV – Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.
John 10:10-29 King James Version (KJV)
10 The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.
Ephesians 6:13 King James Version (KJV)
13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Joshua 1:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
Over and over again in his word, God tells us not to be afraid – He’s got this.
I’ve come to understand one thing – if God called you to it, He will get you through it.
- If we are going to live life to its fullest – to the abundant level that Jesus said he came to give us, we MUST learn to deal with fear.
- We have to break off the limits that fear puts on us.
- One of the greatest freedoms you will ever experience is breaking out of fear.
Personal: Chest Pains / What I did to change the fear factor
Psalm 41:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
41 Blessed is he that considereth the poor: the Lord will deliver him in time of trouble. 2 The Lord will preserve him, and keep him alive; and he shall be blessed upon the earth: and thou wilt not deliver him unto the will of his enemies.
2 Timothy 1:7 – For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind
Psalm 91:10-11 King James Version (KJV)
10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
I want to give you an Acronym – an acronym is where the first letters of other words or points make up a word themselves.
S – P – O – T
When you spot fear, here’s what you need to do:
- Stand your ground.
Exodus 14:13–14 NIV
Moses answered the people, “Do not be afraid. Stand firm and you will see the deliverance the Lord will bring you today. The Egyptians you see today you will never see again. The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”
When fear, when anger, when insecurity, when you’re about to lose control – don’t run, don’t hide, don’t just pull the covers over your head and try to shrink into nothingness.
What so much of the Old Testament is about – over and over again God’s chosen people are given triumph against unbelievable odds through the power of God
- Are you facing a mountain in your life today
- Are you chosen today – YES
- Do you have the Lord of creation on your side today? – YES
- Then STAND – He will fight for you, he will deliver you, he will bless you
Here’s the next one:
- Pray for peace.
Philippians 4:6–7 NIV
Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- Identify the Situation
- Make your Petition
- Thanksgiving for him doing it – IN ADVANCE!!
- Object to lies.
2 Corinthians 10:5 NIV
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
- Trust in God.
Psalm 56:3–4 NIV
When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me?
Romans 8:37-39 King James Version (KJV)
37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Today, remember, you are created to overcome. There is victory already in store for your future. Stand strong with the attitude of an overcomer and watch what God will do on your behalf!
It is time to fight because my future is on the other side of my fear.
- Bishop Ronald K. Powell
- 1 John 4:17-19
- 1 John 4:4
- 1 John 5:4
- 2 Corinthians 10:5
- 2 Timothy 1:7
- Ephesians 6:13
- Exodus 14:13-14
- John 10:10-29
- Joshua 1:9
- Philippians 4:6–7
- Psalm 41:1-2
- Psalm 56:3–4
- Psalm 91:10-11
- Romans 8:31
- Romans 8:37-39
- Crosswinds International