November 9, 2018
Turn it Around!
Keys to Light & Life
and Inner Healing
By Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Let there be Light
• Genesis 1:2-4 New International Version (NIV)
• 2 Now the earth was formless and empty, darkness was over the surface of the deep, and the Spirit of God was hovering over the waters.
• 3 And God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light. 4 God saw that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness.
I want to remind you all of the Power
• With your Words you can heal or kill
• With your words you can create and attract good or evil things into your life.
Thoughts to words
• With just a thought you can become depressed or anxious or angry or stressed, or miserable.
• When you release that negativity by speaking it, it becomes a reality, an environment a power for evil!
• On the other hand: good thoughts and good words release power for good and attract good.
Power of Words
• Mark 11:23
• For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith.
The Power of the mind
• Typical to for fallen man to think and believe the worst and the thing you fear will come upon you.
• Job 3:25 King James Version (KJV)
• 25 For the thing which I greatly feared is come upon me, and that which I was afraid of is come unto me.
Change your Mind – Change Your Words
• What do you think would happen if you started telling yourself you Love you and others do too?
• What if everyday you got up and used Gods promises to create your favored life?
• Hebrews 11:3 King James Version (KJV)
• 3 Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.
• Psalm 52:2 – Your tongue devises destruction, like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
• Psalm 64:3 – Who sharpen their tongue like a sword, and bend their bows to shoot their arrows – bitter words.
• Psalm 140:3 – They sharpen their tongues like a serpent; the poison of asps is under their lips.
• The good news is that we can also use words in positive and healing ways.
• Psalm 35:28 – And their tongue shall speak of Your (God’s) righteousness.
• Proverbs 12:18 – The tongue of the wise promotes health (or healing).
• Proverbs 15:4 – A wholesome tongue is like a tree of life.
Call those things which are not,
as though they were!
• Romans 4:16-18 21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
• 16 Therefore it is of faith, that it might be given by grace to the end that the promise might be made sure to all the seed, not to that only which is of the law, but to that also which is of the faith of Abraham, who is the father of us all
• 17 (as it is written: “I have made thee a father of many nations”), in the presence of Him whom he believed, even God, who quickeneth the dead and calleth those things which are not, as though they were.
• 18 Abraham, against all hope, believed in hope, that he might become the father of many nations, according to that which had been spoken, “So shall thy seed be.”
• If you were sick and I told you I have a new medication that would heal you within hours, and I gave you a sugar pill, what do you think would happen? Why?
• You would feel better in a matter of hours because of your faith in the pill! At least 1/3 of all medical intervention is the placebo effect!
• Folks, Faith works!
• Negative thoughts lead to more Sickness or Disease!
• If you sit around thinking and speaking you are going to die your words will accommodate you! You will die.
• Matthew 12:37 King James Version (KJV)
• 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.
• Words are not simply sounds caused by air passing through our larynx. Words have real power.
• God spoke the world into being by the power of His words (Hebrews 11:3), and we are in His image in part because of the power we have with words.
• Words do more than convey information. The power of our words can actually destroy one’s spirit, even stir up hatred and violence. They not only exacerbate wounds but inflict them directly.
• Of all the creatures on this planet, only man has the ability to communicate through the spoken word.
• The power to use words is a unique and powerful gift from God.
Proverbs 18:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
• Proverbs 18:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
• 20 A man’s belly shall be satisfied with the fruit of his mouth; and with the increase of his lips shall he be filled.
• 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.
High and Low energy words
• High energy words attract to you Positive people, situations and outcomes.
• They also raise your health and wellness and the health and wellness of those listening.
• Proverbs 15:14-15 English Standard Version (ESV)
• 14 The heart of him who has understanding seeks knowledge,
but the mouths of fools feed on folly.
15 All the days of the afflicted are evil,
but the cheerful of heart has a continual feast.
Masaru Emoto’s Rice Experiment
1 Peter 3:10
• 10 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile:
John 6:63 New International Version (NIV)
• 63 The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life.
• Romans 10:17 New King James Version (NKJV)
17 So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
• My brethren, let not many of you become teachers, knowing that we shall receive a stricter judgment. 2 For we all stumble in many things. If anyone does not stumble in word, he is a perfect man, able also to bridle the whole body. Indeed, we put bits in horses’ mouths that they may obey us, and we turn their whole body. 4 Look also at ships: although they are so large and are driven by fierce winds, they are turned by a very small rudder wherever the pilot desires. 5 Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things.
• See how great a forest a little fire kindles! 6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell. 7 For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and creature of the sea, is tamed and has been tamed by mankind. 8 But no man can tame the tongue. It is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. 9 With it we bless our God and Father, and with it we curse men, who have been made in the similitude of God. 10 Out of the same mouth proceed blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not to be so. 11 Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening? 12 Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine bear figs? Thus no spring yields both salt water and fresh.
• 29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
• Proverbs 12:19 – The truthful lip shall be established forever, but a lying tongue is but for a moment.
• Why only a moment? Because God will ultimately deal with a lying tongue and in God’s timing it will only last for a moment.
• Be careful of the words that you use this week. They are powerful. They hold the power of life and death.
- Bishop Ronald K. Powell
- Inner healing
- 1 Peter 3:10
- Ephesians 4:29
- Genesis 1:2-4
- Hebrews 11:3
- James 3:1-12
- Job 3:25
- John 6:63
- Mark 11:23
- Matthew 12:37
- Proverbs 12:18
- Proverbs 12:19
- Proverbs 15:14-15
- Proverbs 15:4
- Proverbs 18:20-21
- Psalm 140:3
- Psalm 35:28
- Psalm 52:2
- Psalm 64:3
- Romans 10:17
- Romans 4:16-18
- Inner Healing
- Crosswinds International