February 6, 2018
Success God’s Way
Forgiveness, Favor and Provisions
18 ” Come now, and let us reason together,” Says the LORD, ” Though your sins are like scarlet, They shall be as white as snow; Though they are red like crimson, They shall be as wool. 19 If you are willing and obedient, You shall eat the good of the land; 20 But if you refuse and rebel, You shall be devoured by the sword”; For the mouth of the LORD has spoken.
Did you notice the conditions our God has laid into the verses above?
These four words shout loudly how to obtain God’s Forgiveness, Favor and Provisions?
1- God desires for you to Purposely Spend time with Him. Isaiah 1:18a
- a) This is a principle found in Hundreds of scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments.
- But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. – Matthew 6:33 ESV
- But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matthew 6:6 (ESV)
- Who redeems your life from destruction, who crowns you with loving kindness and tender mercies, who satisfies your mouth with good things, so that your youth is renewed like the eagle’s. Psalm 103:4-5
2- Before I talk about favor-“what is favor?”
- Favor is not an accident, but a deliberate design by God to reward you for acts of obedience invisible to others.
- Favor is when God causes someone to desire to become a problem solver in your life.
- Favor is an attitude of goodness toward you.
- Favor is the willingness, desire and participation of someone to help you advance or obtain something you want.
- Wise hearts look for opportunities to sow favor! Isaiah 1:19 if you are willing and obedient, you shall eat the good of the land.
- (Favor isn’t a mere miracle but a reward for faithfulness!)1- The first way that favor is unleashed in your life is by, ” you’re desire for God’s wisdom!”a. Now therefore, listen to me, my children, For blessed are those who keep my ways. 33 Hear instruction and be wise, and do not disdain it. 34 Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors. 35 For whoever finds me finds life, And obtains favor from the LORD;b. Explaining: God say’s, Listen, my children. Blessed if you keep My ways. Hear instruction and be wise. Don’t disobey me in this! Blessed is the man who listens to me. Watch and waiting at the door. Whoever finds Me finds life and obtains favor from God!2- Secondly, Diligence creates favor!
- Proverbs 13:4 The soul of a lazy man desires, and has nothing, but the soul of the diligent shall be made rich.
- Proverbs 13:11 Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, But he who gathers by labor will increase.3- Thirdly, An understanding heart attracts favor. (Understanding people, and their needs listening with your heart- understanding a teacher, an instructor or a mentor brings favor.)a. Proverbs 13:15 Good understanding gains favor, but the way of the unfaithful is hard.4- Fourth, appropriate and right words often generate favor from those around you.
- Proverbs 18: 21 Death and life are in the power of the tongue.
- Proverbs 16:13 Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.( Use your own life experiences throughout this message.)5- Fifth, Humility generates favor.
- Proverbs 15: 33 The fear of the LORD is the instruction of wisdom, And before honor is humility.6-Sixth, An uncommon skill or anointing often creates favor!
- Daniel 2:47-48 The king answered Daniel, and said, “Truly your God is the God of gods, the Lord of kings, and a revealer of secrets, since you could reveal this secret.” 48 Then the king promoted Daniel and gave him many great gifts; and he made him ruler over the whole province of Babylon, and chief administrator over all the wise men of Babylon.7- Repentance brings favor!
- I Peter 5:6 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time,
- (Luke 15:17-20 The prodigal son humbled himself to his father.)
8- Last, favor increases when you associate with people of integrity!
- Remember Boaz had a great reputation for integrity. Ruth gleaned in his field. (That association brought blessings to all involved!)
1- God desires for you to Purposely Spend time with Him.
2- God Wishes to restore, Forgive and Cleanse
3- God encourages willingness and obedience
4- God Rewards, “Prospers the obedient.”