Today’s Thought: What if I miss the will of God? (2)
August 15, 2022
Today’s Thought: What if I miss the will of God? (Part II)
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
Today, we are continuing to fast from the thought: “What if I miss the will of God?” (Part II)
For centuries, good-hearted believers have feared missing the will of God for their lives.
People have struggled and strived to know the will of God and hope they could discover this eternal mystery.
Let’s dispel this myth. The will of God is NOT a mystery.
We’ve already established that the WORD of GOD is the WILL of God. Let’s continue…
- NOW (right now) abide these three: faith, hope and love—but the greatest of these is love. This really simplifies it for us. I am in the will of God when I am abiding in FAITH, HOPE and LOVE. When I am “believing what God said,” I am in faith. This puts me in the will of God. Adam and Eve fell short of God’s will WHEN they believed something OTHER than what God said.
- Next, I am in the will of God when I am abiding in hope. Hope is expectation of good. When I am expecting good from God every day, I am in the will of God. Psalm 118:24 says, “This is the day the Lord has made, I will rejoice and be glad in it!”
- AND, I am in the will of God when I am abiding in love. Everything comes together in our life when we believe the love that God has for us. The great commandment—love God with all your heart and love your neighbor as yourself—this is the will of God. This all begins with believing the love God has toward us. (1 John 4:16 NASB) “We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in Him.”
- He will not leave you hanging! Job 33:14 AMPLIFIED says, “For God does reveal His will; He speaks not only once, but more than once…” See, He isn’t going to make it hard and laborious for you to know His will. He will speak more than once, to get the point across to you. That’s why there are 66 books in the Bible! That’s why we should be hearing the Word over and over in our minds, in our churches, in every way we can! Expect God to reveal His will to you today!
- Commit your life into His hands. Proverbs 16:3 AMPLIFIED says, “Roll your works upon the Lord [commit and trust them wholly to Him; He will cause your thoughts to become agreeable to His will, and] so shall your plans be established and succeed.”
- Be willing to do it, BEFORE you know it. John 17:7 (NASB) says, “If anyone is willing to do His will, he will know of the teaching, whether it is of God or whether I speak from Myself.”
- Believe that you can pray God’s will into your life. Jesus wouldn’t tell us to do something unless He knew it would work! In Matthew 6:10, Jesus told us to pray this way: “…Thy kingdom come, THY WILL BE DONE, IN EARTH, as it is in heaven…”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I am in the will of God because I abide in faith, hope and love.
I believe what God said; I expect good from God today; and I believe the love God has for me.
God will not leave me hanging. He will reveal His will to me over and over.
I commit my works and my ways to Him, and He will cause my thoughts to come into agreement with His will.
I expect to be established today and succeed.
I pray and receive God’s will in my life, today, as it is in heaven! In Jesus’ Name!