Wrong thinking: (Part 1) “My life is not that significant”
December 2, 2021
Wrong thinking: (Part 1)
“My life is not that significant”
With Bishop Ronald K.Powell
1 John 4:17 King James Version
17 Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as he is, so are we in this world.
2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
Success or failure in life is created by how we think.
Small thinking comes from not knowing who you are in Christ.
- I want to remind you that we’re forming the habit of ABSTAINING from negative thinking.
- We’re also becoming of one mind, just as Jesus prayed we would.
- As we address a particular thought, its not unusual for that thought to come back to you. When it does, continue to attack that thought until it doesn’t come back.
- God is assembling an army of people committed to CHANGING THE WAY THEY THINK, from the inside out!
- Today we are fasting from the thought that says: “MY LIFE IS NOT THAT SIGNIFICANT.”
- “What kind of difference can I make?”
The first thing you have to do to overcome this thought is believe in your importance to God.
- You are important to God BECAUSE you are God’s highest creation.
- Psalm 8:5-8 says, “Lord, you have made man a little lower than Elohim (God-Himself).
- And you have crowned him with glory and honor.
- You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands; You have put all things under his feet.
- All sheep and oxen; Even the beasts of the field. The birds of the air, And the fish of the sea that pass through the paths of the seas.”
You are important to God BECAUSE He values you as much as He values Jesus.
- The value of a thing is determined by how much someone would pay to purchase that thing.
- God purchased YOU with His own Son. That brings your value up to the same level as Jesus!
If you had been the only person in the world, Jesus would have died for you. That makes you significant.
You are His workmanship. (Ephesians 2:10).
- This is an amazing verse as the word; “workmanship” is translated best as “work of art”.
- You are an original with no one else like you. You’re not a copy.
- You’re a work of art to God.
- You add something to the Body of Christ.
- (Romans 12:4-5) says, “Just as each of us has one body with many members, and these members do not all have the same function, so in Christ we who are many form one body, and each member belongs to all the others.”
THINK THIS: I am significant.
- I bring to value to those around me.
- I have a specific part in the body of Christ. My life counts for something.
- The people in my life are better off because of my relationship with them.
- I am a work of art.
SAY THIS: Lord, I thank you that I am your workmanship. You have made me a work of art.
- I am fearfully and wonderfully made, according to (Psalm 139:14).
- I am the crown of your creation. You provide for all my needs.
- If I was the only person on earth, you would have still sent your Son to die on the cross.
- I bless everyone I come in contact with. Remember, there is no stopping the man or woman who is set free from wrong thinking!
2 Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them—not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; 3 not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock. 4 And when the Chief Shepherd appears, you will receive the crown of glory that will never fade away.