November 26, 2022
Today’s Rewire: Thinking in the wrong direction
So often, we start our day, or our prayer with WHAT WE DON’T HAVE. Around the world today, people are focused on what they don’t have, and trying to figure out how to get it. This is what I mean by “wrong direction.”
Anything good that is going to happen in our life today, starts with getting our minds on what we ALREADY have, not what we don’t have.
Let’s fast from this mindset:
1. THINK BACK, but NOT backward. Every day, we need to THINK about the things God has already done. In Psalm 103: 1-5 David said, “…forget none of His benefits—He pardons your sins, heals all your diseases, redeems your life from destruction, crowns you with loving kindness and compassion…” Make a list—it will change how you look at your life.
2. Focus on the ‘prayer of thanksgiving’. Start EVERY prayer thanking God for what He has already done for you. (Philippians 4:6-7) This creates FAITH ENERGY. As you reflect on what God has specifically given you already, it awakens your ability to believe for more.
3. Meditate on Philemon 1:6. “Your faith becomes effective, as you acknowledge every good thing already in you, through Christ Jesus.”
4. Step out of the comparison trap. 2 Corinthians 10:12 says, “when we compare ourselves with one another, we misunderstand life.” Confusion, misunderstanding, jealousy all set in when we measure ourselves with what others have or do.
5. Develop selective memory. Think back ONLY on the good that has happened in your life. FORGET the pain. Let go of the hurts and losses you’ve suffered. (Philippians 3:13)
6. Expect God to make up to you the years that have been lost through your pains, mistakes and wrong ways of thinking. In Joel 2:23-25 God said, “I will restore the years that have been devoured…”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
- I focus my prayer and start my day with what God has already done in my life.
- I will bless the Lord at all times, His praise, shall continually be in my mouth.
- I am already complete in Jesus Christ.
- I give up comparing myself to others, and I expect God to make up to me all that I have lost through years of backward thinking, In Jesus’ Name.
- Bishop Ronald K. Powell
- Renewing the mind
- Rewiring your mind
- Rewiring your thinking
- Satan's Lies
- Crosswinds International