This mentality prevents us from receiving all that God has for us.
Let’s overcome this today by renewing our minds to what God REALLY says about this:
1. Pray the Word of God. God’s Word was God’s idea! So He intends for it to come to pass. 1 John 5:14-15 says, “If we ask anything according to His will (His Word) we know He hears us…and we know we have whatever we’ve asked.” John 15:7 says, “If you abide in Me and Words abide in you…ask whatever you wish and it SHALL be done for you.”
2. God always says “Yes” to His Word—His promises. 2 Corinthians 1:20 says, “All the promises of God are yes, in Him, and with us is the ‘Amen’.” There is no assurance that prayer will be answered, if it’s not something God has already promised in His Word.
3. Walk by faith. (2 Corinthians 5:7) Regardless of how you feel, faith says: God has heard me, and He answers. Mark 11:24 says, “Believe you HAVE received…and it shall be granted to you.”
4. Don’t throw in the towel when you don’t see it working. Hebrews 6:12 says, “…through faith AND patience, we inherit the promises of God.”
5. Apply the secret of Persistence. (Luke 18:1-8) Matthew 7:7 (Amplified) says, “Keep on asking and it shall be given…keep on knocking and the door shall be opened.”
6. Don’t let condemnation rob you of your confidence. 1 John 3:20-22 says, “…If our heart does not condemn us (THERE IS NO CONDEMNATION FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN CHRIST JESUS), then we have confidence toward God; and whatever we ask we receive…”
THINK IT & SAY IT:
God DOES answer my prayers.
No matter what I see or feel, I walk by faith, and not by sight.
Condemnation for my mistakes or shortcomings will not rob me of confidence.
God is bigger than my mistakes.
His Word abides in me, and therefore I can ask and receive.
I won’t be discouraged or give up; because I will reap if I do not faint.
My answer is coming! In Jesus’ Name!