Rewiring your mind on Fear & Fearful Thoughts:
As you have heard me say before, it takes 40 days (about 1 and a half months) to form a new habit. This “Rewiring” from wrong thinking is revolutionary, because not only does it carry the “supernatural” effect of transforming the core of your being and your inner image, but it also has the “natural” effect of developing the new habit of thinking right and looking at life from a new vantage point.
- 1. Proverbs 13:3; “Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.”
- 2. Ephesians 4:29; “Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.”
- Thinking About Habits and routines we have formed, Think about how many faithless words we speak!
- How often we thoughtlessly use the words “I’m Afraid.”
- Even as a by-word in conversations.
Revelation 21:8 King James Version
8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.
Proverbs 9:10 King James Version
10 The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.
Matthew 8:26 King James Version
26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Matthew 10:27-29 King James Version
27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.
28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father.
Fear is at the root of every negative thing that happens in our lives.
We are afraid of failing, afraid of being alone, or rejected; afraid of running out of money; afraid that people will let us down; that we will not find a spouse, or a job; and the list goes on and on.
Matthew 12:36 ESV
I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak,
“You can Change your world, when you change your words.”
This “Rewiring” wrong thinking is revolutionary, because not only does it carry the “supernatural” effect of transforming the core of your being and your inner image, but it also has the “natural” effect of developing the new habit of thinking right and looking at life from a new vantage point.
Let us rewire the thought “I’m afraid.”
1.Meditate on the fact that God’s Word is true.
In John 17:17 Jesus said, “Thy Word is truth.”
What God says is fact—whether you feel it, whether you see it, whether you have ever experienced it.
- Consider God’s record of accomplishment.
- 1 Kings 8:56 says, “Thanks be to the Lord. He has given rest to His people Israel. He has done all that He promised. Every word has come true of all His good promise, which He promised…” (New Life Version).
- He has done all that He has promised. He has never failed.
- Fear leaves when you can rely on something that cannot fail.
- There are over 1000 predictions or prophecies in the Bible—promises that God made before they happened.
- Yet not one of these 1000 promised to have failed. In fact, to this day, 668 of them have already been fulfilled.
- What does that tell us? God keeps His Word.
3. Accept the truth that what we fear comes upon us.
- In Job 3:25 Job feared that his children would curse God, and that is what happened.When you realize fear has the power to produce negative results, you stop dabbling in it.When a child learns what fire can do, he no longer plays with matches!
1 John 4:18
There is no fear in love;
but perfect love casteth out fear:
because fear hath torment. (severe physical or mental suffering.)
He that feareth is not made perfect in love.”
- Perfect love casts out fear…
1 John 4:18. Flood your mind with thoughts of love—God’s love for you, what He was willing to do to rescue you.
If He would die for you, while you were in sin, separated from God; what wouldn’t He do for you? There is just nothing He would not do for you! Think about that, and fear will leave.
5. There is a promise, from God’s Word, for every need you will ever experience.
In fact, there are over 7000 promises in the Bible. That is 7000 solutions to life’s problems! For example, there is a promise of protection in Psalm 91:1-12, which delivers you from the fear of tragedy.
6. Pause and think about the fact that God is with you.
Psalm 23:4 says, “Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil—for YOU ARE WITH ME.”
God’s presence is the secret to a fear-free life.
All fear is a sense of God’s absence, or our separation from God. By contrast, a sense of God’s presence delivers us from fear. Hebrews 10:19 says we enter the holy place of His presence by the blood of Jesus. YOU ARE IN HIS PRESENCE, NOW—therefore fear not!
THINK IT & SAY IT…
God’s Word is true, whether I feel it or not. He has kept all His promises and has never failed. Fear leaves me because I rely on something that cannot fail—His promises.
What I fear comes upon me, therefore I will fear ONLY GOD, and He will come upon me! God loves me perfectly, and I will not think otherwise, no matter what!
God has made 7000 promises to me, because He knows we need them! God is with me, and therefore I will fear no evil, in Jesus’ Name!
God has not given you a spirit of fear, but power love and a sound mind,