“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 4)
With Rev. David Sabet
In part 3 of this series we were learning that how we live, here and now in this earth matters to God. What so many people want to excuse by simply calling it “backslidden”, God calls it lost! The gospel of the kingdom is all about fulfilling God’s will through our lives here and now, in earth as it is in heaven!
In Matthew 24:14 Jesus said: And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
So this is why I’m preaching this series on “The Gospel of the Kingdom”.
- Proverbs 1:7 (KJV)
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge: but fools
despise wisdom and instruction.
*Let’s get ready to have our minds renewed by the washing of the word:
- Proverbs 16:6 (KJV) “The purpose of Godly instruction.”
By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD
men depart from evil.
- Matthew 10:28 (KJV) “Jesus teaching His disciples.”
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the
soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and
body in hell.
- Proverbs 14:27 (KJV)
The fear of the LORD is a fountain of life, to depart from the
snares of death.
- Philippians 2:12b-13 (KJV)
12b) .… work out your own salvation with fear and trembling
13) For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His
- John 17:15-17 (KJV) “Jesus praying for Christians.”
15) I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but
that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
16) They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
17) Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
- II Peter 1:10-11 (KJV)
10) Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your
calling and election sure: for if you do these things, ye shall
(If you stay busy doing the “DO’S” of God’s word – you won’t
have time to worry about doing the “DON’TS”!)
11) For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly
into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus
- II Peter 1:10-11 (LB Par.) “AGAIN FOR CLARITY!”
10) So, dear brothers, work hard to prove that you really are
among those God has called and chosen, and then you will
never stumble or fall away.
(We only stumble when we walk away from God!)
11) And God will open wide the gates of heaven for you to enter
into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
“Walking in obedience to God’s will! – This is the Kingdom message!”
- Jeremiah 32:38-40 (KJV)
38) And they shall be my people, and I will be their God:
39) And I will give them one heart, and one way, that they may
fear me for ever, for the good of them, and of their children
40) And I will make an everlasting covenant with them, that I will
not turn away from them, to do them good; but I will put my
fear in their hearts, that they shall not depart from me.
- Romans 8:3b-9 (LB Par.)
3b) He sent His own Son in a human body like ours – except that
ours are sinful – and destroyed sin’s control over us by giving
himself as a sacrifice for our sins.
4) So now we can obey God’s laws if we follow after the Holy
Spirit and no longer obey the old evil nature within us.
5) Those who let themselves be controlled by their lower natures
live only to please themselves (Save their life), but those who
follow after the Holy Spirit (Lose their life) find themselves
doing those things that please God.
6) Following after the Holy Spirit leads to life and peace, but
following after the old nature leads to death,
7) because the old sinful nature within us is against God. It never
did obey God’s laws and it never will.
8) That’s why those who are still under the control of their old
sinful selves, bent on following their old evil desires, can never
9) But you (Christians!) are not like that. You are controlled by
your new nature if you have the Spirit of God living in you.
(And remember that if anyone doesn’t have the Spirit of Christ
living in him, he is not a Christian at all.)
*Remember the parable of the ten church girls in Matthew 25:10? Only five of them were really converted and born again by the Spirit of God. The other five were just visiting a building on the Sabbath and acting religious. They weren’t really “saved”. Only those first five got to go be with Jesus!
- I Corinthians 6:9-11 (KJV)
9) Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom
of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters,
nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with
10) Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor
extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
11) And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are
sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus,
and by the Spirit of our God.
- John 14:15 (KJV)
If ye love Me, keep My commandments.
- John 14:21 (KJV)
He that hath My commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that
loveth Me: and he that loveth Me shall be loved of My Father,
and I will love him, and will manifest Myself to him.
- John 15:14 (KJV)
Ye are My friends if ye do whatsoever I command you.
- II Timothy 2:19 (KJV) Also Psalms 24:3-6 (Heaven is for Who?)
Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this
seal, The Lord knoweth them that are His. And, Let every one
that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.
(IF YOU CALL YOURSELF A CHRISTIAN – LIVE LIKE CHRIST !!!)
- I John 3:8-10 (LB Par.)
8) But if you keep on sinning, it shows that you belong to satan,
who since he first began to sin has kept steadily at it. But the
Son of God came to destroy these works of the devil.
9) The person who has been born into God’s family does not make
a practice of sinning, for this new life has been born into him
and controls him – he has been born again.
10) So now we can tell who is a child of God and who belongs to
satan. Whoever is living a life of sin and doesn’t love his
brother shows that he is not in God’s family;
As long as we are in these earth suits made of flesh, sin will try to have its way with us. It is a spiritual battle of which we are told in scripture to fight the good fight. We are told to overcome evil, not to be overcome by it. If we fall short along our journey, we are to confess our faults and repent. This means to #1-admit that what we have done is out of God’s will, #2-stop doing it, and #3-get back in line with God’s will. Walking in fellowship with God is what Christianity is all about. Sin breaks that fellowship.
If you claim to be a Christian, you shouldn’t be continually practicing and walking in sin. This is contrary to God’s Word. If this is the state you find yourself in, then you need to repent and be saved!
Confess, Repent & Forsake Sin!