“The Gospel of the Kingdom” Part 1
September 30, 2018
“The Gospel of the Kingdom”(Part I)
Pastor David Sabet
- Matthew 3:1-2 (KJV) “John the baptizer.”
1) In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness
2) And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Matthew 24:14 (KJV) “Jesus teaching his disciples.”
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world
for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
- Matthew 4:17 (KJV) “Jesus began His public ministry after being
- baptized, after fasting 40 days in the
- wilderness, and after defeating Satan’s
- attempts to make Him sin.”
From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the
kingdom of heaven is at hand.
- Mark 1:14-15 (KJV) “Jesus’ public ministry.”
14) Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee,
preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15) And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at
hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
- Matthew 4:23 (KJV) “Jesus preaching in Galilee.”
And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and
preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and healing all manner of
sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
- Matthew 10:7-8 (KJV) “Jesus teaching his disciples.”
And as ye go, preach, saying, The kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead, cast out devils:
freely ye have received, freely give.
- Matthew 13:24, 31, 33, 44, 45, 47, 52 & 25:14 (KJV) “ Jesus to all”
- The kingdom of heaven is likened unto … / or “is like” / and “again”
- “The kingdom of heaven” or “The kingdom of God”
- King – a male monarch, a ruler, a magnate – someone of great
Importance, one invested with absolute power.
- Dom – domain, a territory over which authority is exerted.
- Kingdom – the territory over which a king has absolute authority.
- Kingdom “of God” – denotes ownership; whose kingdom, who is in charge.
- Kingdom “of heaven” – denotes type and location; heavenly, its source is from heaven.
“What Is The Kingdom Message?”
- Matthew 6:9-10 (KJV) “Jesus teaching his disciples how to pray.”
- After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in
heaven, Hallowed be thy name.
10) Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.
- Matthew 6:33 (KJV) “Jesus preaching to the multitudes.”
But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and
all these things shall be added unto you.
- Romans 14:17-19 (KJV) “Paul preaching to the saints in Rome”
17) For the kingdom of God is not meat and drink; but
righteousness, and peace, and joy in the Holy Ghost.
18) For he that in these things serveth Christ is acceptable to God,
and approved of men.
19) Let us therefore follow after the things which make for peace,
and things wherewith one may edify another.
*(The Kingdom message is all about a sinless obedient lifestyle of holy, righteous, Godly living –
here and now! Jesus came to set us free from sin and its consequences.)
- Isaiah 1:16-20 (KJV) “God speaking to his people.”
16) Wash you, make you clean; put away the evil of your doings
from before Mine eyes; cease to do evil;
17) Learn to do well; seek judgement, relieve the oppressed, judge
the fatherless, plead for the widow.
18) Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:
though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow;
though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
19) If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat the good of the land:
20) But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the
sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.
- Jeremiah 4:14 (KJV) “God speaking to his people.”
O Jerusalem, wash thine heart from wickedness, that thou mayest
be saved. How long shall thy vain thoughts lodge within thee?
- James 4:7-8 (KJV)
7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he
will flee from you.
8) Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your
hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- Ephesians 4:21-24 (KJV) “Hear the words of Jesus – Repent!”
21) If so be that ye have heard Him, and have been taught by Him,
as the truth is in Jesus.
22) That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old
man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23) And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24) And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in
righteousness and true holiness.
- II Corinthians 7:10a (KJV) “Being born again.”
For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation …
- John 8:11b (KJV) “A woman caught in her sin is converted.”
… Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.
- John 5:14 (KJV) “ Man healed at the pool of Bethesda”
Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him,
Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing
come unto thee.
- Acts 3:19a (KJV) Repent ye therefore and be converted, that your
sins may be blotted out, …
A Message to Father’s
June 17, 2018