Fellowship our strength in unity
June 12, 2021
Fellowship our strength in unity
with Rev. Brian Moseley
12 And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.
The book of Ecclesiastes was written by Solomon (blessed with Wisdom and Wealth) in the second half of the third century B.C.
One of the main points of the scripture is that the results of our lives and in our lives, is not dependent on our works, abilities or self righteousness but solely on our Faith in God’s Goodness, Righteousness, Provisions and Love.
What is Fellowship?
2 Corinthians 6:14-18 tells us what it isn’t
- 14Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?
- 15Andwhat concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?
- 16Andwhat agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said*, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
- 17Whereforecome out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
- 18Andwill be* a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons* and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
Conversely, Fellowship is:
- To devote our hearts by marriage and build intimate relationships only with followers of Christ
- Communion with: intimately sharing common faith and discipline.
- Be in Concord: Acting in agreement
- Sharing Equal Belief
- In Agreement: an act of sharing like-mindedness
- To live with, walk with and identify with
- To be different, separate from the world as individuals and a church by our identity in Him
- To receive and be received
- To live as a family
What we receive from Fellowship:
- Community instead of rivalry
- Sharing of his bounty and blessings
- Purpose, a reason to labor
- Security in things where teamwork, family creates a larger return for the group than the efforts of an individual.
- To catch each other when we fall and lift each other up
- Strength against the enemy in numbers
- The benefit of wisdom from the experience of others
- Trust given and received
- Provisions given and received
- Love given and received
25 Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.
- Exhorting: admonish, advise, beseech, call upon, caution, encourage, enjoin, incite, persuade, preach, prod, counsel, entreat, goad, insist, plead, press, prompt, propel, spur, stimulate.
1 John 1:7
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
- The manner of our Fellowship with each other in the Body of Christ, is a direct and irrefutable reflection, of the condition of our individual Fellowship with God!
Why does our flesh avoid Fellowship with God and His Word?
- -The closer the lost get to Christ, the more sinful they are going to feel.
- -The more followers go into the Word, the more correction we will receive.
2 Timothy 3:16
“16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness”
We must each inspect our hearts before God and truthfully answer this question:
“Am I believing God only for blessings and promises that I can receive from Him or am I believing Him because I love Him and am full of Gratitude?”
“33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.”
There is nothing wrong with receiving from God! It is His Will and the Desire of His heart that we receive every good thing
“11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.
but receiving from Him is simply a “by-product” of our seeking and loving Him!!
To Fellowship with Him is to Minister to Him, to Love and Worship Him!
“10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints.”.
We cannot Love Him, Worship Him and Fellowship with Him without gratitude!!
- Gratitude and Love are the redeeming results of the Gospel!!
- Gratitude is the path through His gates and brings forth our Praises when we enter His courts and His Presence!
- He inhabits the Praises of His People, and this is where our Fellowship with the Father begins!
Fellowship within the Body of Christ is to Love one another the way we Love Jesus!!
Romans 12:10 TPT
“10 Be devoted to tenderly loving your fellow believers as members of one family. Try to outdo yourselves in respect and honor of one another.”
May we fight the good fight and labor in our race , to have a singular focus on our multifaceted God!!
2 Timothy 4:7
“7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.”