Today’s Thought: I don’t believe it!
August 1, 2022
Today’s Thought: I don’t believe it!
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
This is the language and vocabulary of hell itself, trying to penetrate your mind.
There are 3 primary things that the devil doesn’t want you to believe:
1. That God’s Word is true AND works.
2. That you have authority over the devil.
3. That God is good, and the author of ONLY good.
It’s vital that we make sure our thinking lines up with the word of God concerning faith and believing.
For example, if you believe that EVERYTHING that happens in life was pre-destined by God, then you will lower your defenses against the devil. And Satan would love for you to just accept whatever comes in life, as God’s will. This requires no faith, no battle, and leads to no victory.
Let’s fast from the thought that says, “I don’t believe it.”
1. Take charge of your garden! Your heart is your garden. Proverbs 4:20 says, “Watch over your heart with all diligence, for out of it flow the issues of life.” Adam was responsible for the Garden of Eden when Satan crept in through his deceptive lies. It was Adam’s responsibility to drive that snake out of his garden. Because he was passive and tolerant of Satan’s thoughts in his garden, his life was ruined!
2. Do not for a moment submit to the thought that the devil has power over you! Jesus said in Luke 10:19, “Behold I give you authority to tread upon serpents (devils) and scorpions and over ALL the POWER OF THE ENEMY. And nothing shall by any means hurt you.” This is power that money can’t buy, education can’t acquire, human strength can’t achieve. This is heavenly power that is irrefutable.
3. Exercise your authority over the devil—the same way Jesus did. He spoke the Word of God. (Matthew 4:4, Luke 4:4) It is written, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
4. Hold on to the Word of God. Satan always comes after the Word. In Genesis, he talked Adam and Eve out of believing what God said. In Matthew, he tried to talk Jesus out of believing what God said. There’s nothing new under the sun. In Mark 4:15 he comes immediately to steal the word. Hide the Word in your heart and it will give you victory whenever necessary. (Psalm 119:9-11)
5. Understand spiritual warfare—The devil does everything he can to convince you that the Word isn’t true OR that it’s too impossible to come to pass. That’s why 1 Timothy 6:12 says, “Fight the good fight of faith.” The battle we’re in is the battle to believe. But nothing is impossible for those who believe. And God is watching over His Word to perform it.
6. Believe in the faithfulness of God. 1 Corinthians 1:9, 1 Thessalonians 5:24—Faithful is He who called you, and He will bring it to pass! Think on His faithfulness. Life will present its share of problems, but God is faithful. He called you. He will bring His calling to pass. Our job is to believe.
7. Expect supernatural peace and joy in your life. Romans 15:13 says joy and peace abound in your life THROUGH believing. As you are believing what God says, peace will fill your heart. Joy will fill your heart.
8. When you doubt, fill your mind and mouth with God’s Word. Faith will come. (Romans 10:17) You will begin to believe.
THINK IT & SAY IT:
I take charge of my garden, watching over my heart. I will not be passive or tolerant of Satan’s thoughts. I have authority over the devil, and I exercise that authority by speaking the Word of God.
I fight the fight of faith by believing what God says, and I refuse to accept anything less than the promises of God’s Word. I believe in the faithfulness of God and trust that He will bring His promises to pass in my life.
I expect supernatural peace and joy in my life by focusing my faith on believing what God said. I take control over doubt by filling my mind and mouth with the Word of God.