June 9, 2018
Bishop Ronald K. Powell
23Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.
What influences your heart
- Your family of origin
- Your friends
- Your co-workers
- Social Media
What influences our hearts
- Drawn to a secular view of life
- Drawn to a Kingdom view of life
- Generic absorption
- Critical evaluation
- Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2
- We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Corinthians 10:5
- Be aware of who or what is influencing you.
- Make an audit
- Evaluate the impact
- Eliminate the worst offenders.
Build your day around the things that honor the one to whom you long to draw near.
To Go. . .
- Are you aware of what you are unaware of?
- What sources exert the greatest influence(s) in your life
- Are you willing to “take off” so that you can “put on?”