Making Prophetic Decrees
March 16, 2019
Making Prophetic Decrees
With Bishop Ronald K. Powell
The tongue is a power part of the body.
- In terms of size that can be seen, the size of the tongue is relatively small. The weight of tongue in the male is averagely 70 grams while in the female is about 60 grams.
- However, the tongue has potential to do great and mighty things. It has a deep connection with the human heart. That is to say, beyond physical anatomy of the tongue, there is more about the spiritual effect of the tongue. As the spirit world supersedes the physical, so is the spiritual effect of tongue goes beyond the physical structure of it.
- Death and life [are] in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit.
Hebrews 11:1 King James Version (KJV)
- 11Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrews 11:1 Living Bible (TLB)
- 11 What is faith? It is the confident assurance that something we want is going to happen. It is the certainty that what we hope for is waiting for us, even though we cannot see it up ahead.
The Word of God is the Spirit of Prophecy
- 2 Peter 1:20-21 King James Version (KJV)
- 20 Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.
- 21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.
This is the clear teaching of scripture.
- The words you speak become the fruit of tomorrow’s blessings (or curse) in your life.
- Your tongue is “the painter” which reveals the picture of the state of your heart. (Faith or Doubt) (Negative or Positive)
- Where you are and where you will reach in life are both functions of how you use your tongue.
According to the book of Ephesians. 4:29
- Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
- The only way the tongue exhibit its potency is through spoken word.
Wrong use of words
- I am burning up with a fever
- Every time I eat it just makes me sick
- My back is just killing me
- I am trying to take the flu
Right Use of Words
- In Psalm 118:17, David said, I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord.
- 1 Corinthians 1:27, 28: But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And base things of the world, and things which are despised, hath God chosen, yea, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are.
Your Body Will Respond to Your Words
- But God’s method is to call for positive things, even though they are not yet a reality in your body. You call them until they are manifest. You have a God-given right to exercise authority over your body.
- In Romans 8;13, Paul tells us “…if you live after the flesh you shall die: but if you through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, you shall live.” Your flesh wants to say it the way it is, but your spirit, if trained properly, wants to say it the way God said it in His Word.
- Your body will respond to the demands of the human spirit.
- If you feed the spirit man God’s Word, it will make demands on the flesh to line up with the Word of God.
- Let’s look at the principle that could be the key to you being a partaker of God’s provisions.
In Romans 10:6-8
- Paul says that the righteousness which is of faith says … the word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth and in thy heart.
- Notice, the God’s Word is first in your mouth and (then) in your heart.
God’s Word becomes en-grafted into your heart as you speak it.
- There is nothing more important to your faith than declaring what God has said about you… with your own voice.
- Giving voice to God’s Word is a method of calling for things that God has given by promise and are not yet manifest.
When it comes to divine healing this is a vital principle.
- We should declare to ourselves what God’s Word reveals about us, regardless of the circumstances or how we feel about it.
- Jeremiah 1:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
- 12 Then the Lord said to me, “You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it.”
But you must make the demand on it before it will respond.
- Even your dog or your cat will respond to the command of your voice.
How much more shall your body respond to the demands made upon it by the Word of God spoken out of your mouth.
- The truth is, your body always responds to your words in some manner, either for better or worse. So choose your words carefully.
- There is more truth to Mark 11:23 than most people realize. You can have what you say in faith, but most people are saying what they have.
Saying it Plants the Seed for Future Action
- Remember, when you are sick, call yourself well, for you are calling for what you don’t have.
- If you put this into practice and make it a way of life, then your body will respond to your faith demands that are based on the authority of God’s Holy Word. “Prophetic Decrees”
- No, it won’t happen just because you say it, but saying it is involved in causing it to happen. Saying it is the way you plant the seed for what you need.
- The spoken Word of God imparts spirit life into your physical body (John 6:63), for His Word is incorruptible seed, and it produces after its kind.
- I challenge you to set aside time by yourself, daily, to fellowship with God. Make it a practice to meditate on His Word by speaking it to your body. Do it two or three times a day.
- Then double up on your confessions in the area where you have the most problems. Pray the Word over your body. Declare it to be true until you are fully persuaded. Your body will respond to your vain words ; how much more will it respond to God’s Word spoken in FAITH.