“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 6)
May 14, 2021
“The Gospel of the Kingdom”
*In part 5 of this series, we learned that the Gospel of the Kingdom of God doesn’t include living in sin and falseness as an acceptable lifestyle. The belief systems and practices of some of these man made religious institutions in our world today have totally turned their backs on God’s word. When you choose to believe your own thoughts and opinions over the Word of God, you will not enjoy the end result. God is the same yesterday, today and forever! He never changes! It is we who need to change to line our life’s up with his will.
*Let’s Find God’s Will Through the Reading of His Word:
*What is the desire of Christ for His bride – “The Church”?
- Ephesians 5:26-27 (KJV)
26) That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of
water by the word.
27) That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not
having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing: but that it should
be holy and without blemish.
*In II Corinthians chapter 6, we are being told how important it is that we come out of the ways of this world, and this world’s beliefs. It truly matters to God; and therefore, it should matter to us.
- II Corinthians 6:17-18 (KJV)
17) Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate,
saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will
18) And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and
daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
- II Corinthians 7:1 (KJV)
Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse
ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting
holiness in the fear of God.
(What promises? All of God’s riches at Christ’s expense!)
- Revelation 22:14 (LB Par.)
Blessed forever are all who are washing their robes, to have the
right to enter in through the gates of the city, and to eat the fruit
from the Tree of Life.
- James 4:7-8 (KJV)
7) Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he
will flee from you.
8) Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your
hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
- Titus 2:14 (LB Par.)
He (Jesus) died under God’s judgment against our sins, so that
he could rescue us from constant falling into sin and make us his
very own people, with cleansed hearts and real enthusiasm for
doing kind things for others.
- John 14:21 (ERV)
Those who really love me are the ones who not only know my
commands but also obey them. My Father will love such people,
and I will love them. I will make myself known to them.
- John 15:14 (ERV)
You are my friends if you do what I tell you to do.
- II Timothy 2:19 (ERV)
But God’s strong foundation never moves, and these words are
written on it: “The Lord knows those who belong to Him.” Also,
these words are written there: “Everyone who says they believe
in the Lord must stop doing wrong.”
- I John 2:15-17 (ERV)
15) Don’t love this evil world or the things in it. If you love the
world, you do not have the love of the Father in you.
16) This is all there is in the world: wanting to please our sinful
selves, wanting the sinful things we see, and being too proud of what we have. But none of these comes from the Father.
They come from the world.
17) The world is passing away, and all the things that people want
in the world are passing away. But whoever does what God
wants will live forever.
*The fear of the LORD is the hating of all that is evil and displeasing to God, and then ceasing to walk in it! If you love God, you don’t want to let Him down!
- Matthew 7:13-14 (KJV)
13) Enter ye in at the straight gate: for wide is the gate, and
broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many
there be which go in there at:
14) Because straight is the gate, and narrow is the way, which
leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
- Ephesians 5:5-20 (LB Par.)
5) You can be sure of this: The kingdom of Christ and of God will never belong to anyone who is impure or greedy, for a greedy
person is really an idol worshiper—he loves and worships the
good things of this life more than God.
6) Don’t be fooled by those who try to excuse these sins, for the
terrible wrath of God is upon all those who do them.
7) Don’t even associate with such people.
8) For though once your heart was full of darkness, now it is full
of light from the Lord, and your behavior should show it!
9) Because of this light within you, you should do only what is
good and right and true.
10) Learn as you go along what pleases the Lord.
11) Take no part in the worthless pleasures of evil and darkness,
but instead, rebuke and expose them.
12) It would be shameful even to mention here those pleasures
of darkness which the ungodly do.
13) But when you expose them, the light shines in upon their sin
and shows it up, and when they see how wrong they really
are, some of them may even become children of light!
14) That is why God says in the Scriptures, “Awake, O sleeper,
and rise up from the dead; and Christ shall give you light.”
15,16) So be careful how you act; these are difficult days.
Don’t be fools; be wise: make the most of every
opportunity you have for doing good.
17) Don’t act thoughtlessly, but try to find out and do whatever
the Lord wants you to.
18) Don’t drink too much wine, for many evils lie along that
path; be filled instead with the Holy Spirit, and controlled by him.
19) Talk with each other much about the Lord, quoting psalms
and hymns and singing sacred songs, making music in your
hearts to the Lord.
20) Always give thanks for everything to our God and Father in
the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.
The “just” shall live by faith in God. Faith in the Son of God who loved us and gave Himself for us! Without faith, it is impossible to please God; and without holiness, no man shall see God. We are to walk in God, in the Holy Spirit, like Jesus Christ! The word “Christian” means “a Christ like one”
A true Christian is supposed to be living like Jesus Christ, here in earth, as it is in heaven. This is the gospel of the kingdom!
*We that claim to be children of God, who is our creator and King, need to obediently reverence and worship Him with all that is due Him. He is the head, and we are to be the body that follows Him!
- Deuteronomy 32:4 (KJV)
He is the Rock, his word is perfect: for all his ways are judgment:
a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he.
*Why do I preach like this?
- Romans 10:13-14 (KJV)
13) For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be
14) How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not
believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they
have not heard? And how shall they hear without a
- Romans 10:17 (L.B. Par.)
… faith comes from listening to this Good News – the Good
News about Christ.
- Psalms 51:13 (KJV)
Then will I teach transgressors Thy ways; and sinners shall be
converted unto Thee.
- I Corinthians 9:16b (KJV)
… for necessity is laid upon me; yea, woe is unto me, if I preach
not the gospel!
I pray that today you will surrender your will to God, and join Him in His Kingdom!
Let this be your prayer today:
Dear God in Heaven, please let my life fulfill “Your will”; not my own! Please forgive me of my sins, and save me through the blood of Jesus!