“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 9)
June 16, 2021
“The Gospel of the Kingdom” (Part 9)
With Rev. David Sabet
In part 8 of this series, we were covering multiple verses about how serious Jesus was about cutting the sin out of our lives. He used hyperbolies in Matthew 5:29-30, when he said to cut your hand off or pluck your eye out if it kept you from going to heaven. He was pointing out to us how serious we should confront sin! Not except it, excuse it, and stay in it!
In this earth, since the fall of man, sin is something that plagues us.
Therefore, Jesus gave us a way to be visitors over it. Walking in the sacrifice of the spotless Lamb of God will set you free.
Victory occurs in our lives when we walk in loving obedience to our Heavenly Father. The grace of God will bring us through. (Not my will
- but thine be done!) This is the Gospel of the Kingdom! Walking in the resurrection power of the Holy Ghost! Don’t try to walk this life alone, under your own power. If you do, you will lose. Walk with Jesus and win!!!
*Remember in our last lesson, in Hebrews 12:1, talking about the sin which doth so easily beset us. (Everyone has a battle to face!)
- Psalm 119:9-11 (ERV)
- How can a young man live a pure life? By obeying your
- I try with all my heart to serve Help me obey your commands.
- I study your teaching very carefully so that I will not sin against
Vs. 11 (KJV):
Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
- I John 5:3-5 (ERV)
- Loving God means obeying his And God’s commands are not too hard for us,
- because everyone who is a child of God has the power to win against the It is our faith that has won the victory against the world.
- So who wins against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.
- Psalm 37:39-40 (LB Par.)
- The Lord saves the Godly! He is their salvation and their refuge when trouble Because they trust in him, he helps them and delivers them from the plots of evil
Read it Again in the KJV:
- But the salvation of the righteous is of the LORD; he is their strength in the time of
- And the LORD shall help them, and deliver them from the wicked, and save them, because they trust in
- I Chronicles 28:9 (KJV)
… know thou the God of thy father, and serve him with a perfect heart and with a willing mind: for the LORD searcheth all hearts, and understandeth all the imaginations of the thoughts: if thou seek him, he will be found of thee: but if thou forsake him, he will cast thee off forever.
- Jeremiah 17:10 (KJV)
I the LORD search the heart, I try the reigns, even to give every
man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.
“WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE TO GOD PERSONALLY!”
“CHOOSE YOU THIS DAY WHO YOU’RE GOING TO SERVE!”
- James 1:22-25 (ERV)
- Do what God’s teaching says; don’t just listen and do When you only sit and listen, you are fooling yourselves.
- Hearing God’s teaching and doing nothing is like looking at your face in the mirror
- and doing nothing about what you You go away and immediately forget how bad you looked.
- But when you look into God’s perfect law that sets people free, pay attention to If you do what it says, you will have God’s blessing. Never just listen to his teaching and forget what you heard.
- Romans 13:11-14 (LB )
11) Another reason for right living is this: you know how late it is, time is running out. Wake up, for the coming of the Lord is nearer now than when we first believed.
12 & 13) The night is far gone, the day of His return will soon be here. So quit the evil deeds of darkness and put on the armor of right living, as we who live in the daylight should! Be descent and true in everything you do so that all can approve your behavior. Don’t spend your time in wild parties and getting drunk or in adultery and lust, or fighting, or jealousy.
14) But ask the Lord Jesus Christ to help you live as you should, and don’t make plans to enjoy evil.
- I John 4:17 (KJV)
Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world.
- Matthew 10:38-39 (KJV)
- And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of
- He that findeth his life shall lose it; and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find
*This is the message of “The Gospel of the Kingdom”. Living like Christ, here and now, in earth as it is in Heaven!
Repent! Wash your garments! Jesus Christ is coming back for a bride without spot or wrinkle!
- Matthew 24:14 (KJV)
And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
- Remember to go back and read Psalm 51.
- Review and study all of your notes from this
- Preach “The Gospel of the Kingdom”!