“THE ONLY HOLY AND ACCEPTABLE SACRIFICE” (Part 2)
Delivered By Rev David Sabet
In Part 1 of this message, we were covering multiple scriptures that were talking about how we are to be being made holy “IN” Christ.
We covered how He, Jesus, was the only holy and acceptable sacrifice, able to please God against our sins, and bring us back into right fellowship with Him.
Through the blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we are made holy, pure, clean, perfect, blameless and forgiven; which makes us righteous! We are made “RIGHT WITH GOD”, and given access to God, through Jesus Christ, the only holy and anointed Son of God.
We looked at many different “types and shadows” of Jesus to come, all throughout the Old Testament. We saw how that it has always been God, through His grace and mercy, reaching out to save us from ourselves. God is always seeking to restore fellowship with His children!
It All Started For Us In The Garden Of Eden:
- Romans 5:12-21 B. Par.
- When Adam sinned, sin entered the “ENTIRE” human race. His sin spread death throughout all the world, so “everything” began to grow old and “die”, for “ALL”
- (We know that it was Adam’s sin that caused this) because although, people were sinning from the time of Adam until Moses, God did not in those days judge them guilty of death for breaking His laws – because He had not yet given His laws to them, nor told them what He wanted them to
14a) So when their bodies died it was not for their own sins since they themselves had never disobeyed God’s special law against eating the forbidden fruit, as Adam had. …
(God had talked to Adam personally in the Garden!)
15b) … For this one man, Adam, brought death to many through his sin. But this “ONE” man, “Jesus Christ”, brought
_forgiveness to many “through” “God’s” “mercy”. (GRACE!)
- one sin (one sin-disobedience!) brought the penalty of Christ death to many, while Christ freely takes away many sins and gives glorious life instead.
17) The sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to be king over all, but “all who will take God’s gift of forgiveness and acquittal are kings of life because of this “one man, Jesus Christ”.
(You take this free gift called salvation by laying your life down, picking up Jesus Christ, and putting Him on! We now live a new life “IN” Christ! We are “Born Again!”)
18) Yes, Adam’s sin brought punishment to all, but Christ’s
righteousness makes men “RIGHT WITH GOD”, so that they can live.
19) Adam caused many to be sinners because “he disobeyed”, and Christ caused many to be “made acceptable to God because He obeyed”.
20) The Ten Commandments were given so that all could see the
extent of their failure to Obey God’s laws. (Instead of blaming everything on Adam for his failure, now you can see your own
failure. We still continue to choose sin today.) But the more we see our sinfulness, the more we see God’s abounding grace forgiving us.
21) “Before”, sin ruled over all men and brought them to death, “but now” “God’s kindness” rules instead, “giving us” “right standing with God” and resulting in “eternal life” “through Jesus Christ our Lord”.
This is where Jesus Christ comes in:
- Titus 2:11-15 (L.B. ) ‘ The Only Holy and Acceptable Sacrifice”
- For the free gift of eternal salvation is now being offered to everyone;
- and along with this gift comes the realization that “God wants us to turn from godless living” and sinful pleasures and to live good God-fearing lives day after day,
- looking forward to that wonderful time we’ve been expecting, when His glory shall be seen -the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus
- He (Christ) died under God’s judgment ‘against our sins”, so that He could “rescue us” (Sermon on YouTube – Voddie Baucham – “The Rescuer”) from constant falling into sin and make us His very own people, with cleansed hearts and real enthusiasm for “DOING” kind things for You must teach these things and encourage your people to “DO” them, correcting them, when necessary, as one who has every right to do so. Don’t let anyone think that what you say is not.
- Ephesians 2:8-10 (L.B. ) “Reconciled to God by Grace/ Jesus”
- Because of His God’s kindness you have saved through trusting Christ. And even trusting is not of ourselves; it too is a gift from God.
- Salvation is not a reward for the good we have done, so none of us can take any credit for it
- It is God Himself who has made us what we are and given us new lives from Christ Jesus; and long ages ago He planned that we should spend these lives in helping
- Titus 3:3-8 (L.B. )
3) Once we, too, were foolish (godless) and disobedient; we were misled by others and became slaves to many evil pleasures and wicked desires. Our lives were full of resentment and envy.
We hated others and they hated us.
- But when the time came for the kindness and love of God our Savior to appear,
- then “HE” saved us – not because we were good enough to be saved, but because of His kindness and pity – by washing away our sins and giving us the new joy of the indwelling Holy Spirit
- whom He poured out upon us with wonderful fullness – and all because of what Jesus Christ our Savior did
In His great kindness and now we can share in the wealth of the
eternal life He gives us, and we are eagerly looking forward to receiving it.
8) These things I have told you are all true. Insist on them “so that Christians will be careful to do good deeds all the time”, for this is not only right, but it brings results.
- Ephesians 2:10 (KJV) *Grace Frees us to “DO’ Good Works” For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good
works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. WALK THE WALK! BE LIKE JESUS!
Romans 6:1-2 (KJV)
- What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound?
- God forbid! How shall we that are dead to sin, live any longer
Therein? NEW LIFE IN CHRIST! OLD THINGS PASS AWAY!
- Romans 3:31 (KJV)
Do we then make void the law through faith? (Do we say that it is okay to just keep on sinning because of God’s grace?) God forbid; yea, we “establish” the law. (Only now that we have been freed from sin are we able to walk in obedience. Walk like Jesus.)
- Matthew 5:17 (KJV)
Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the Prophets; I am not come to destroy (Grace doesn’t do away with law!), but to fulfill. (I didn’t come saying it’s okay to sin! I came to show you how NOT to sin!)
- John 14:6 (KJV)
(Thomas asked Jesus in vs. 5 how to get to heaven.) Jesus said unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life; no man cometh unto the Father but by Me.‘
*We are reconciled to God only “IN” Jesus Christ; through His completed work at the cross sacrifice that God accepts!
And now He is asking you to crucify your flesh and follow Him!