Today’s Thought: We can’t expect to experience the miracles in the Bible today!
Today we are rewiring the thought: “The power and miracles in the Bible are great, but we can’t expect to experience those today!”
Many people also think: “We can’t have the faith that Paul had or Peter, etc.” These are thoughts that don’t necessarily pop into our heads, but they are mindsets ingrained in us, undermining our ability to believe for the impossible to become possible. If you adopt these beliefs, they will keep you living below your God-given privileges.
Let’s overcome this today:
1. We HAVE, right now, the same faith that the early apostles had. IN 2 Peter 1:1 Peter writes, “…to those who have received like precious faith with us by the righteousness of our God and our Savior Jesus Christ.”
2. Understand the source of this faith and power in our lives: the righteousness of God. This is a free gift (2 Corinthians 5:17, 21). It’s not because of the times we’re living in, it’s because we are the righteousness of God.
3. There’s nothing He’s holding back from you. 2 Peter 1:3 says, “His divine power has granted to us everything pertaining to life and godliness.”
4. The power and promises are already yours. 2 Peter 1:4 says, “He HAS GRANTED TO US His precious and magnificent promises…”
5. You have the same Spirit that Jesus had when He was in this world—Romans 8:11.
6. Expect to walk in this power. In John 14:12 Jesus said, “The works that I do, shall you do also, and greater works shall you do…” He also said in Mark 16, “these signs shall follow THOSE WHO BELIEVE…” BELIEVE TODAY!
THINK IT & SAY IT:
- I have received faith OF THE SAME KIND as the apostles, because I am the righteousness of God in Jesus Christ.
- He has granted to me already EVERYTHING pertaining to life and godliness. That includes every area of my life.
- God’s power and promises are already mine.
- I expect to walk in His divine power, through His divine nature working in me today, in Jesus’ Name.”